Structure and Aims of the Company
The CGN SA Group consists of the subsidiaries CGN SA and CGN Belle Epoque SA. It has shareholders (roughly 10,000) from the private and public sectors. Its public shareholders (cantonal and municipal from the Lake Geneva area), as majority shareholders with 57.3% of the shares, have a decisive influence on the company’s operations. The Cantons of Vaud, Geneva and Valais provide most of the investment necessary to renew the fleet and balance the company’s non-profit services through a service mandate.
CGN SA Group
The company’s aim is to purchase and manage participation in any commercial, industrial, financial or property enterprise relating to navigation on Lake Geneva, in particular in the companies CGN Belle Epoque SA and CGN SA (hereafter referred to as “subsidiaries”).
The subsidiaries, in which the company may invest, must directly or indirectly pursue a goal or goals in keeping, in whole or in part, with the following:
- Contributing to the sustainable development of tourism in the Lake Geneva area by ensuring an attractive service to its banks;
- Developing and pursuing any activity directly or indirectly linked to the operation of a fleet of boats (modern and historic) on Lake Geneva;
- The company may create subsidiaries in Switzerland and in France.
The company’s aims are:
The company may:
- Carry out any activity, whether financial, commercial or industrial, or relating to movable or immovable property, directly or indirectly in keeping with its aims;
- Create branches or subsidiaries in Switzerland and in France.
CGN Belle Epoque SA
The company’s aim is to maintain and restore to a state as close as possible to their original state, compatible with their operation, and to navigate on Lake Geneva, its eight historic Belle Epoque paddle-wheel boats (Montreux, Vevey, Italie, La Suisse, Savoie, Simplon, Helvétie and Rhône), entrusting their operation to CGN SA. It thus maintains a listed heritage item, as per the listing decision of the Department of Infrastructure of 9 June 2011, and contributes to the sustainable development of tourism in the Lake Geneva area.
The company does not exercise any financial, commercial, industrial or property activity independently of or in competition with CGN SA and CGN SA Group.
It is authorised to collect funds in order to carry out its aim.
It does not pursue any profit-making aims.