Activities around the lake

Nyon Castle

The castle was originally a fortified house built by the Cossonay-Prangins in the middle of the 12th century. The Counts of Savoie seized it in 1293 and significantly transformed it starting in 1360 (addition of two towers on the lake side and, of course, an inner courtyard). During the transition to the Reform in 1536, the House of Savoie, hunted by the Bernese, left Nyon. A great deal of additional work, which gave the castle its current form, was carried out by Their Excellencies of Berne from 1574 to 1583.



Address of the activity

Château de Nyon
Place du Château
1260 Nyon

Open map
Nearby port

Place du Molard
1260 Nyon


Information about the port

Access from the port

  6 minutes walk from the port.